This morning a friend, who is also an early bird, sent me a message from a blog she reads that read:
"Don't let the impossibility of the ideal keep you from doing something constructive." (quote by someone named Gary Thomas) This past week was not ideal, and was indeed harder than most to stay on track because we were out of town 2 days which meant eating out a lot more than normal. Then on the one day we were home, I blew it calorie wise due to the fact that I just didn't want to care. Notice I put that "just didn't WANT to care." Yet deep down, I did care. I quenched the Holy Spirit prodding me to be obedient and then felt very sad that I had done that after the fact. Not just because I knew it would affect my weigh in, but because I ignored the One who truly has my best interest at heart. So thankful for a new day to be obedient.
All that being said, I did gain 1.4 lbs this past week. Honestly, I deserved a lot more. So thankful that God doesn't give us what we really deserve but in His mercy holds back at times. Looking forward to walking in obedience and experiencing what not quenching the Spirit feels like.
I Thessalonians 5:18-19 "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit."

No comments:
Post a Comment