Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Wise Hears Instruction...

 Today as part of my Bible Reading, I read Proverbs 13 and in that chapter we witness several times how the wise hear and act upon Instruction.  As I read,  I was really convicted once again in the area of self-discipline.  With becoming more disciplined in my rising time, I also got back to making a monthly meal schedule so that I get back to shopping more frugally for groceries.  It is so nice to just shop twice a month again (John gets paid twice a month) for whatever I need for meals and know that I have what I need to make those meals for that time period.  It is definitely worth the time to plan it out to make the days flow smoother.  It is also very helpful from a dieting perspective.  I have also gone back to mapping out my days the night before.  Yes, most days that schedule changes, but at least I have a tentative plan to help the day flow at a more even pace.  There truly is a lot to be said for living a disciplined life.  There are more areas I need to work on in addition to these areas, but I need to pace myself or become overwhelmed.  All that being said, I have cut down my daily Bible reading a little.  I wasn't able to get everything read that I wanted to within an hours time so I am going to take 2 months at a time to go through Psalms.  I am still reading a chapter in Proverbs daily as well as working through the New Testament this year.  The book I am reading has been very convicting as well as encouraging.  I have 3 more books I would like to read as the year progresses.  These books are in addition to the Sunday School book and the couple's Bible study book.  I feel like a sponge soaking up so much right now and it feels so good. It feels good to have a steady calm in my life again.


No comments: