Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

...and in giving even more...

Today I did more than I have ever considered at this point in this getting fit and active routine.  Today I averaged a 12:48 mile on the elliptical.  When I saw the stats on the screen when I had finished, it took a bit to sink in.  Then I smiled and could hear God in my head:  "Ruth, do you realize what you just did?  You not only did the 13:30 on Monday, but you went even faster today.  I told you that you could make progress if you stuck to being disciplined and pushed harder."  After that I tread water for an hour at a pretty rapid pace.  When I climbed out of the pool, I indeed felt weak and yet at the same time I felt strong.  Thankful for the rewards of faithful discipline.

I am still arising at the early morning hour of 5:00 A.M. to have my quiet time and I tell you what, that is a pumping up of it's own.  To have 75 minutes to just read Scripture, think on that Scripture, pray, and read the book I am presently reading just fuels me with a strength indescribable.  If you can't make time exercise, I strongly suggest you make time to just "be still and know" your God.

No comments: