Thought I would post an update on my previous post. I am on day 3 of rising early to have a more reflective quiet time and today I struggled with clearing my mind so I could concentrate. I think I read every verse at least twice. That being said, it is still all good. When I was waiting until afternoon to do them, I felt so rushed and couldn't concentrate because I felt I needed to be aware of what was happening around me. When it is just me and the dog (who snuggles next to me and keeps me warm) I can focus so much better. Definitely worth getting up before the chickens for! There have been another positive effects that I hadn't thought of before. One is that I fall asleep as soon as I hit the bed which has been 10:00 of late. Before I was very restless, even when going to bed at 11:00 and it would take me a long time to settle in. Because I have everything set out the night before, I can get dressed in the dark in about 5 minutes. Since we go to the gym pretty much daily, I take a shower at that time and I am done with my quiet time by 6:30 and still have a good 45-50 minutes of quiet time. Another positive effect is that this has also helped me get breakfast on the table for John and I and we can have our "without the kids" conversations at that time for a few minutes at least, making up for the lack of time in the evenings. I am also not rushed as I get John's lunch made every morning. John and I are both benefiting from this schedule. :)
Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Reaping Multiple Benefits
Thought I would post an update on my previous post. I am on day 3 of rising early to have a more reflective quiet time and today I struggled with clearing my mind so I could concentrate. I think I read every verse at least twice. That being said, it is still all good. When I was waiting until afternoon to do them, I felt so rushed and couldn't concentrate because I felt I needed to be aware of what was happening around me. When it is just me and the dog (who snuggles next to me and keeps me warm) I can focus so much better. Definitely worth getting up before the chickens for! There have been another positive effects that I hadn't thought of before. One is that I fall asleep as soon as I hit the bed which has been 10:00 of late. Before I was very restless, even when going to bed at 11:00 and it would take me a long time to settle in. Because I have everything set out the night before, I can get dressed in the dark in about 5 minutes. Since we go to the gym pretty much daily, I take a shower at that time and I am done with my quiet time by 6:30 and still have a good 45-50 minutes of quiet time. Another positive effect is that this has also helped me get breakfast on the table for John and I and we can have our "without the kids" conversations at that time for a few minutes at least, making up for the lack of time in the evenings. I am also not rushed as I get John's lunch made every morning. John and I are both benefiting from this schedule. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment