Today I am struggling with the fear of "what if" and am thankful that I know God is purposeful in all things. In the night I got up to make a trek to the bathroom and my heels hurt in a big way and were swollen. Fear gripped me. Now, occasionally I would have stinging in my heels over the past 10 months of going to the gym, and Wednesday morning they were stiff, but I have not felt the intense pain and swelling that I had felt for several years because of the bone spurs under my Achilles tendon. Today I am icing and resting my heel as well as putting my open back shoes back on. I am not sure if my tennis shoes have just broken down enough (they are only 2 months old, but I have worked them pretty good), if I am pushing it too hard on the elliptical, or what is going on so would you help me by praying for me to know what to do from here? Thankfully I can still use the pool and tread water, but I really hate to lose the ground I have gained on that elliptical. I know that since there is purpose in every change God allows, that I will reap if I faint not. God is good like that.
On the up side, my weigh in was an encouragement. I am down 2 pounds for a total of 33 lost. Very thankful for that! Plus, I have slept very well every night this past week. Another benefit I have noticed is that the bile reflux that I struggle with almost constantly has not been so painful lately. I am thinking that is because of increased fiber intake that helps soak up the bile that backs up into my stomach (ok, maybe that is too much info, but it is a reality in my life). This is only my theory, but it makes sense to me. The pain that I get is similar to the pain I felt when my gall bladder flared a few years ago, so if you have ever had gall bladder pain, you know what I am talking about. It is not pleasant. I can rejoice, however, because even though I don't have a duodenum to prevent the bile back up, I am still alive when statistics of 1968 state that I only had a 10% chance of surviving even a week after birth. God, even in that instance, had purpose for me to accomplish and I can trust Him with my heel pain as well.
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
7 And
lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the
revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger
of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9 And
he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is
made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in
my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore
I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in
persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then
am I strong.

No comments:
Post a Comment