Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, July 18, 2014

WEIGH DAY

I didn't post a weigh in last week because I just plain forgot.  My brother and his family were here for a week and we were very busy.  I kept loosing track of what day it was!  Today I knew the scale would a show a gain.  I had actually checked it a couple days this past week.  There are no excuses for not walking in obedience and when we don't walk in obedience, there are unpleasant consequences.  I am up 4 pounds because I chose to eat more than I should have and I didn't make time for exercise.  It is that simple.  The good news is that it was only 4 lbs.  I, in fact, was expecting it to be double that.  It feels good to be back on track, making better choices with food and working out on the treadmill and treading water.  As long as I am still inhaling air and taking nourishment, there is still time to change.  One thing I am still learning is that when I am not in a "normal" routine, I need to set my heart and mind even more focused to stay the course.  The minute I think "what is just one more bite going to matter," I am already heading down a slippery slope.  1 Timothy 4:7 says "But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness."  We can tell ourselves that we’re happiest when we do what we want, when we want.  The truth is that a life without boundaries is out of control.  One day this past week I was sitting in a office with my daughter and my husband and in the room was a huge handwritten poster that read "When you did what you did, what did you expect would happen?"  Choices have consequences.  It is that simple.

I have finished The Lord's Table online Bible study and will more than likely do the whole thing again.  It was that good!  To have that daily reminder of why I am choosing to be obedient was a great way to stay motivated!




No comments: