Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Thursday, June 26, 2014

God Writes (or at times "rights") the Story

Today has been a hard day.  There are times that my heart just grieves over the choices of another, when they are against all that I believe to be true.  I have experienced a full range of emotions... feelings of panic, despair, powerlessness, frustration, and disappointment.  I want so much to make that person to see the truth.  To accept that truth.  But the choices of another are just that...their choices.  While I feel guilty at times, wondering if I could have done something different, I cannot change the the past.  What I need to remember is that God loves this person more than I do.  He knows how I feel and can help me through these feelings.  He can help me show grace.  We are all a work in progress and I need to have faith that God knows all things, He is all powerful, and He loves each of us. 

Proverbs 16:9 " A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps."

No comments: