
I am not sure if I shared this story on Facebook or not...but the Lord has laid it on my heart to share it here on my blog, so I am doing just that. It was approximately a month ago and the kids and I were in line at Aldi's to check out. In front of us was a mom with 3 small children checking out and the cashier told her the total and the lady was going to short on cash by a small amount. She was trying to figure out what to put back and I could tell that the items she had picked were picked because they were needed...there were no chips, candy, or other items that would have been what I would have called "fun food." The Lord used my voice and I blurted out "Ma'am, I would be happy to make up the difference." She and the cashier both stopped and looked at me with the appearance of shock. I repeated "I really don't mind and I happen to have some extra cash today." The lady at first said "No, it's ok. I can put something back." I said again "Please let me help you. God has told me I need to do this." At this point her eyes brim up with tears. I hand the cashier the money and the lady thanks me. As the lady was bagging up her groceries, I had pulled up next to her to bag our groceries. The kids and I finished first and as we are heading towards the door, the lady looks at me and mouths the words "Thank you." I don't know that lady's story but God does and that day I was a tool of encouragement towards her. My kids saw grace in action. We didn't have a lot to give that lady but we did give her a cup of cold water to encourage her to keep on keeping on. My kids have watched God provide for our needs in His time as well.
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that
ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
(As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his
righteousness remaineth for ever. Now he that ministereth seed to the sower
both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase
the fruits of your righteousness;) Being enriched in every thing to all
bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
2 Corinthians 9:8-11
As for my weigh in, I have not lost any of the 4 lbs I had gained but my clothes are feeling a lot more loose. Because of sticking to the exercise routine for four months as of today, my body feels so much stronger too. It's all good! I need to take time measure myself....I know those numbers are going down!
Have a great day, every one! Walk with the King and be a blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment