The devil loves to sow discouragement. He knows my weakness is anger and will often try to get me to focus on the things that frustrate me rather than leaving those things in God's hands. One thing that helps me get my focus where it needs to be is to show love to someone else who needs encouragement. How many times have you noticed someone who seems very down and sad while out shopping? Have you ever noticed that sometimes just smiling at them makes their face light up and they smile back? A word spoken in due season can bring so much encouragement to someone as well. This past week I have been really struggling to stay on track with my healthier eating plan. I have been tempted to eat eat eat! Yesterday afternoon, I did give in and I felt horrible. A friend, who had no idea I had been struggling, spoke a fit word just when I needed it. It was also very refreshing to confess my sin of gluttony to the Lord and let Him encourage me to keep going as well..
We have the power in our lips to rekindle a discouraged soul. Let’s encourage one another with words of encouragement! It is totally free and reaps an eternal reward!
Sound The Battle Cry
by William F. Sherwin1. Sound the battle cry! See, the foe is nigh;
Raise the standard high for the Lord;
Gird your armor on, stand firm every one;
Rest your cause upon His holy Word.
* Refrain:
Rouse, then, soldiers, rally round the banner,
Ready, steady, pass the word along;
Onward, forward, shout aloud, “Hosanna!”
Christ is Captain of the mighty throng.
2. Strong to meet the foe, marching on we go,
While our cause we know, must prevail;
Shield and banner bright, gleaming in the light,
Battling for the right we ne’er can fail.
3. O Thou God of all, hear us when we call,
Help us one and all by Thy grace;
When the battle’s done, and the vict’ry’s won,
May we wear the crown before Thy face.
2 comments:
It's a moment by moment battle that we fight against temptation, and we need to put on the whole armor of God...and pray. He is always there to help us.
As you know, I'm also trying to lose weight. I'll be weighing in tomorrow evening at Weight Watchers.
Onward! Forward! Shout a loud Hosanna!
Thank you, Vera!
Post a Comment