This past week has been hard for me emotionally concerning this weight loss journey. I found myself just plain sad. Depressed. Frustrated. Screaming on the inside because I haven't been totally committed all summer and now we are heading into the school year and even though I maintained, I didn't lose anything more since last Spring. Ever feel like that? Ever want to kick yourself?... and at the same time know you can't feel sorry for yourself because you. made. the. choices. So there it is. And here I am. I had a good stern lecture with myself and have re-evaluated the eating plan along with the exercise regime. I also compared last summer to this summer and did find some things to give thanks for...the biggest ones being endurance and less pain. The exercise has helped immensely in that area which keeps me motivated to keep on keeping on. As for the eating part of this, I have realized yet again that I thrive on structure and this past week have logged everything ahead of time (as in the day before) so that I know where I am headed each day instead of logging as I go through the day. I was able to find some great deals on 93% ground turkey because it was going to expire in a couple days so I stocked up on that. It is my go to lunch time meal 2-3 times a week but had gotten so expensive that I couldn't buy it. I was able to find good deals on some other foods that help me stay on track as well. I am not going completely "clean eating" as some refer to it, but I am working diligently at reducing the processed foods. I feel so much better with fresh foods but the budget needs a happy medium. So, there is where I am this week. Weigh in is tomorrow. Not sure what to expect but I know I have done my best for this week so whatever the result, I will be content with that.
This picture has nothing to do with this post...it just makes me laugh every time I see it so I am sharing it with you.

No comments:
Post a Comment