In my Christian walk I tend to have growth spurts where I see things I didn't see before. These growth spurts are of great value to me because it means I am still a work in progress. This morning I was reading in Proverbs and this verse stood out to me. "Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out." Proverbs 10:9 This verse stood out to me because I use the following phrase a lot: "And what exactly did you think would happen when you did what you did?" I have probably asked that question a billion times...okay...maybe more like 999,999,999 but it feels like a billion sometimes. (insert big smiley) In fact, my kids actually say it themselves before I say it when they are caught in a disobedience. And I tell them: Always always always ask yourself is what I am about to do going to hinder my testimony and jeopardize my integrity?
That whole thing applies to me as well. I am preaching to myself as I constantly need those reminders every day. I have the following verse written in the inside cover page of my Bible as a reminder of how quickly things can turn if we aren't careful:
Proverbs 14:1 The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down.
It is never right to do wrong to do right. Integrity and testimony are of utmost importance because by doing right even when it doesn't feel right may be exactly what someone else needs to see you doing so that they can have courage to do what is right.

No comments:
Post a Comment