Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Don't Run Ahead...

I will admit that the past week or so I have been fretting over launching into the next phase of homeschool.  High school.  If there were music in the background like in movies, it would be doom music.  Being sick is not a good time to think on these things, however, because it is harder to wrap my congested brain around it all.  When I saw the photo to the right posted today by a friend on her blog, it brought me much relief.  I know God has given us the desire to homeschool and that His plan is best. Just like K - 8th grade was, I know I will learn more than I ever learned in school myself...or at least remember learning.  So instead of dreading Algebra and Cultural Geography, I am going to embrace it, and just like every other year of homeschooling, take it one day at a time and be taught right along with my kids that God's grace is sufficient.  The big picture is overwhelming but the little by little is very do-able.  I am thankful that my children both desire homeschool as well because that just confirms that this is the right path for us.  It doesn't mean they never whine about their schoolwork...trust me, they do.  It doesn't mean I never whine about all I need to do to prepare (I just don't do it out loud...I don't want to fuel their whining down the road...LOL).  Maddie wouldn't have the time to spend with her friend Sylvia learning about horses and horse riding if she were in school.  She also wouldn't have the time spend practicing piano, clarinet, violin, and flute a few hours every day, and yes, by a few hours, I mean 3-4 hours, if she were in school.  She desires to be in the medical field and learned so much through her grandparent's surgeries/recovery time and had she been in a typical school setting, that wouldn't have been afforded to her.  She also knows that she wouldn't have a couple hours every day to go to the gym with me.  These are all things she pointed out when we were discussing homeschool verses standard schooling options. <3 comment-3--="">

No comments: