I am still doing the online study The Lord's Table, and here are some thoughts from that study the past couple days.
1 Peter 4:12-13 "Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that,
when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding
joy."
When we stop gratifying our flesh, we know that suffering will be involved. Our flesh always has and will continue to want to be indulged. In the past, I gave into that craving by eating when I wasn't hungry or was barely hungry in order to keep from any discomfort, pain or suffering... and that led to a life of
indulgence, gluttony, and laziness. How ironic is it that I wound up with what I was trying to avoid in the first place: discomfort.
Jesus suffered in a big way when He died on the cross for my sins. When this reality started to sink it, it made me sad that I would even consider sinning by living in gluttony. Wow! We are called to
suffer in our flesh to be free from sin. God wants me to be free from sin and I want to please the one who loved me enough to endure the cross for my sake.
1 Peter 4:11b "...that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."
So thankful for amazing grace in this journey. I know I have said that many times.

No comments:
Post a Comment