Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Delight, Discipline, Develop....

Just thinking some random thoughts today.  Thinking about how instead of dieting,  I am making healthy changes in my entire lifestyle, spiritual and physical. That means my progress isn't so much about the scale, just like how this way of eating isn't about the food.  It is actually purposely enjoying the Lord, eating in a disciplined manner each day, getting a moderate amount of exercise, and remaining accountable. My online study calls this the "3 D's:" delight our souls, discipline our bodies, and develop accountability.  If my goal is only to lose weight and I haven't changed my lifestyle, I know, from past experience, that I will regain that weight, plus some. My goal is not just to lose weight; rather, it is to live life in a disciplined and self-controlled manner in every area.  Actually, permanent weight loss is just a byproduct of this goal.  When I think about that, I feel so much more free.  I am not bogged down by the "logistics" of a diet but rather learning to glean from the promises in God's Word to keep me keeping on.  Progress is not defined by weight loss, but it is rather defined by not letting a day pass without rejoicing in Christ. "It means eating our food in a planned and self-controlled manner every day, exercising our bodies, and maintaining daily accountability with someone. If we purposely live every day in this manner, weight loss or maintenance will follow." (day 35 of The Lord's Table)

 Romans 5:1-5 - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

It takes perseverance to finish strong.  I love the changes being made in my heart and in my mind.  I have remained faithful in feasting on His Word, doing the moderate exercise 5 days a week, eating within God's boundaries, and have remained accountable to my online accountability partner provided through the online study.  These same principles are also encouraging change in other areas for which I am also excited about!

Keep on keeping on, my friends.  Glory in the journey because it helps define and refine you.   

No comments: