It grieves
me when I hear people say "you're making too big of a deal out of it"
when it comes to sin and dealing with sinful choices. Sin is a big deal to God and all sin is equal
in God's eyes. In fact Scripture says
"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:" (Psalm 66:18) God doesn't say just confront the sins that are big (and who exactly decides how
big a sin is?). God never excuses away
sin. "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." James 4:17. If you have been taught through God's Word what is the right choice and you continue to do the opposite, it is plain and simply sin. You don't have to have had the perfect setting all your life to be able, as a believer, to make right choices. If a parent neglects even what the world says are little sins their children do, we are sinning ourselves and are joining right in with the wrong choices. Through personal experiences I have also noticed when any sins are over looked, they become harder things as our children get older...every choice we make affects the choices down the road. I am so thankful for a God who is patient with me as continue to strive to please Him and allows me to seek Him when it comes to life. In fact His Word states that God gives us all things that pertain to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3).
This has been on my heart for quite some time because there was a time I would let others convince me to excuse away sin. When you let Christ work in your heart and fill it up with His Word, you begin to see how seriously God takes sin. I know others struggle with this as well so I am sharing so that you know that you are not alone. So many times I have rested in "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me..." (Matthew 11:29) when those around me feel I am making too big a deal out of what they feel is a little sin. Keep on keeping on, my friends. God has already been where you are and He loves you with an everlasting love. Trust His heart and let Him direct you in every path, even if it means you stand alone. Stop making excuses for sin. Have courage to hold fellow believers accountable. "Open rebuke is better than secret love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful" Proverbs 27:5-6 Those who hold you accountable for even the little sins love you so much more than those who excuse away even the little sins.
No comments:
Post a Comment