Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

This.


Related image

So today I was looking up a verse and my eyes drifted to another verse.  It was one of those times where I just needed to ponder it in my heart and allow time for soaking it in...it was like a breath of fresh air or a sigh of relief.

This:

"And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace."  John 1:16

Before this verse John refers to Jesus as being full of grace and truth so this struck me as a lightning bolt...of His fullness...basically of His grace and truth...have all received.  Wow!  There is power in those words.  It doesn't stop there though.  The "grace for grace" adds even more power.  Abundant grace.  Sufficient grace. One grace following another grace following another grace and so forth.  Grace that has no ending.  I sat in awe as this began to sink in.  Again I was reminded this isn't about me.  It is about Christ in me.  It is about fullness and grace.





No comments: