Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Sticking to the Beneficial

I want to share this because it is proof that my heart attitude is changing for the better. I sat back for several weeks just trying to get motivated, fearing failing again, and basically dragging my heels at the thought of attempting to lose weight again. Then I decided 5 weeks ago was as good a time as any to jump on board with both feet, hoping desperately that I wouldn't land on my backside. Here I am a little over 5 weeks, allowing my heart to impacted by the desire to follow Christ in a way that I have never experienced before. Yes, in the past I have tried to make that a priority when it comes to weight loss but now that I look back on that, it was all just a game to me. This time around as I contemplate what I want to eat at meals and for snacks, I feel the prompting of the Holy Spirit teaching me the depth and value of 1 Corinthians 10:23. "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not." Take today for instance. I had lunch out with my husband and son at a Mexican restaurant out of town. I love their chips they serve while you wait for your meal. I ate 4 of them and just felt the need to stop. It was enough. Then when my burrito came, I only ate a little over half of it and was full. I thought to myself "if i eat beyond the full I am feeling now, this meal will lose all benefit." I brought the rest home. The burrito wasn't even that big...the size of the burrito flour tortillas that you buy in a grocery store and it only had seasoned crumbled meat in it, not a bit greasy, and a little bit of shredded cheese on top. As we left that restaurant, I knew I had experienced yet another success in my daily walk with Christ. I choked up. I am choking up now as I type this as well. I pray that I don't let this desire to honor Christ die on the alter of pride and selfishness.<3 span="">

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You did better than I did today, I pushed past full at dinner. I have to do better, thanks for the encouraging reminder!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ruth Christison said...

You're comment came through twice Alizibeth, si I removed the 2nd one.