Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Monday, May 16, 2016

With Knocking Knees and a Shaking Voice

"I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee."
Psalm 22:22

Last evening at church during testimony time I shared what God has been teaching me the past few weeks.  If you know me well, you know that public speaking is not something that I particularly enjoy.  This past week, however, God had been nudging me to share if our pastor provided time to share testimonies, which is something he does quite frequently on Sunday evenings.  I am not one that speaks off the cuff very well so I took time to type out a brief paragraph and included the verse that God keeps putting in my mind, 1 Corinthians 10:23.  All weekend I could tell the devil was trying to trip me and convince me that I was not worthy to share anything of Spiritual value through various things that happened both Saturday and Sunday.  I sent messages out to 3 of my friends and asked them to pray for me, that God would remove all fear and doubt from my mind so that I could speak what God had led me to share.  I experienced God's working to do exactly that last night.  It wasn't eloquent by any means, but I did it.  I have so much I want to share so often and I love to write about what God is doing.  It was a huge step for me to actually speak of what God is doing in my life in front of people.  Thankful for prayer warriors who have prayed me through many things and thankful for my God, who knows my heart when I speak.

1 comment:

granijani said...

Ruth, praise the Lord for the victory you experienced! I, too, can remember being afraid to give my testimony for fear someone would be critical of it and tell me that they didn't really see in my life what I was attempting to convey. For encouragement, look at I Corinthians 2:1. Even the apostle Paul had "shaking knees" when he first started. I also believe that giving a testimony is a lost art in our churches today. We need to teach our children to share what the Lord is doing in their life. Perhaps, it could begin by sharing in Family devotional times. Have you ever asked yourself why when an opportunity to give a testimony is given there are just a few of the older folks in the church who respond and give a testimony? These are just some things to think about.