Looking forward to reading through the Bible in a year with friends via the following Facebook page started by my friend Diane: Daily In The Word. We are using this book as a guide Woman's Guide to Reading the Bible in a Year, A: A Life-Changing Journey Into the Heart of God [Kindle Edition] but you do not need the book if you don't want to purchase it (1.99 on Kindle) as Diane will be posting the reading schedule each week. It is a closed group so that there is some control over discussion, but if you want to join, please go to the link and click join.
Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Welcome to the New Year!
This morning I was reading Genesis chapters 1-3 in my Bible and I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. After Adam and Eve sinned (chapter 3 verses 1-7), we read in verse 8 "And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day." This got my attention...maybe because I struggle with anger responses when someone offends me, but I noticed that God was not running hastily, as one controlled by the influence of angry feelings but rather he was walking and calm. That is where I need to be. When my kids disobey, even in the same things over and over, I need to respond in a walking pace...not in a running ready to battle pace. When someone speaks lies about me and I want to lash out (I speak of this one because I am there) in revenge, I need to stay calm and think about how my response will affect not only me, but my relationship with God and with others as well. I long to be like the words penned by Thomas Chisholm "O to be like Thee! lowly in spirit, Holy and harmless, patient and brave; Meekly enduring cruel reproaches, Willing to suffer others to save."
Looking forward to reading through the Bible in a year with friends via the following Facebook page started by my friend Diane: Daily In The Word. We are using this book as a guide Woman's Guide to Reading the Bible in a Year, A: A Life-Changing Journey Into the Heart of God [Kindle Edition] but you do not need the book if you don't want to purchase it (1.99 on Kindle) as Diane will be posting the reading schedule each week. It is a closed group so that there is some control over discussion, but if you want to join, please go to the link and click join.
Looking forward to reading through the Bible in a year with friends via the following Facebook page started by my friend Diane: Daily In The Word. We are using this book as a guide Woman's Guide to Reading the Bible in a Year, A: A Life-Changing Journey Into the Heart of God [Kindle Edition] but you do not need the book if you don't want to purchase it (1.99 on Kindle) as Diane will be posting the reading schedule each week. It is a closed group so that there is some control over discussion, but if you want to join, please go to the link and click join.
1 O to be like Thee! blessèd Redeemer,
O to be like Thee! O to be like Thee,
2 O to be like Thee! full of compassion,
3 O to be like Thee! lowly in spirit,
4 O to be like Thee! Lord, I am coming
5 O to be like Thee! while I am pleading,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment