...but not everything is beneficial.
What's on my mind this morning? Well, as I woke up this morning at 3:30 and unable to get back to sleep, I must say that I was actually too excited to go back to sleep. I woke up pondering:
1 Corinthians 10:23 "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not."
Yep, that had me excited. You see, while all things are permissible, all things are not beneficial and in this diet journey that is so refreshing. I have the freedom to make a choice and knowing that there are choices more beneficial for me, I can count it all joy when the Holy Spirit pricks my heart and reminds me that I am worth so much more than temporary pleasures of breaded pork tenderloins (which is what I gave up in order to stay on track yesterday). Now, will there be times that a pork tenderloin will fit into my eating plan? Of course there will be! It just wasn't beneficial for me yesterday. The same is true in self discipline of other areas of my life...not just food. Yes, I feel overwhelmed when I think of this branching out into all areas of my life but at the same time, very excited to be going in the right direction again.
"I need wisdom to make wise choices. I need insight to remember the words I've read in Scripture. I need power beyond what I can find on my own." ~ Lysa TerKeurst

No comments:
Post a Comment