Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, January 17, 2014

Journey of a Melting Dame...

 ...continues with each right choice.

This morning was weigh in.  I wasn't sure what to expect because in the past when I have had a virus that caused me to lose several pounds in the course of a few days, they would come right back once I am re-hydrated and back to normal.  I knew I had been practicing   2 Corinthians 10:5 all week and knew that regardless of the results, I had been careful to think throughout the day:
"Are you true?"
"Are you beneficial?"
"Are you necessary?"
(Questions taken from Made to Crave, chapter 7)
 When the answers were NO, I put into practice walking away.  Again, this overlapped into more areas than just eating.  When I would think poorly of someone, these same questions would come to mind.  Even at one point, a good friend shared with me the same feelings she was having when it comes to showing grace to others.  Isn't it amazing when our friends are on the same page we are and we didn't even discuss them first?  But that is another topic for another day.  :) 

I tend to beat myself up when I mess up or when someone makes a negative comment to me and even then I found myself asking "Is this statement true?  Is this statement beneficial?  Is this statement necessary?" and it is very liberating when I can say NO to the questions and go on with life knowing I am God's child and He knows the truth about me.  Now, if I could answer yes to any of those questions, then chances are there are changes that need to be made.  Not a bad thing to have happen, especially when it turns us more in tune with Christ and looking for that hope that only He can give.

And now for the weigh in results.  I lost another 1.2 lbs.  I was a little shocked because I was preparing myself for a gain due to the way I had lost those first 10 lbs.  Counting it all joy to have this added encouragement to keep on keeping on. 


No comments: