Try the Noro Diet!
For just, well no money, you can watch the pounds be flushed away!Now some of reading the above may think "She is proving how nuts she really is. How could she be so excited about having this tummy bug all this past week?" It is all a part of the James 1:2 principle. Count it all joy. I know God's timing is perfect. He also knew I would need a motivator to give me the desire to stay on track. What better motivator for someone needing to lose weight than a 10 pound drop in one week? Seriously? Yes, it was a painful week. At one point I was begging God to make it stop (won't go into the details of when and where...I will leave that to your imaginations) and at the same time requesting of Him not to let anyone else in my family fall ill. I am a sympathy puker...so I would be ill all over again if anyone in my family gets this. Hummmm....perhaps that would mean another good weigh in, though....but I digress. Really though, there is much to be joyful about in all this and here are a few things I came up with to be joyful about:
1. This didn't happen in the month of December when we had so much going on.
2. My husband took care of us well.
3. This didn't happen to one of my children or my husband (yet).
4. This isn't an illness that is terminal.
5. I lost 10 lbs. out of the deal.
6. My parents made sure my family didn't go hungry.
7. My children kept up with their schoolwork on their own (again, so thankful for Time4Learning homeschool website).
8. I have wonderful friends on Facebook who were reminding of their praying for me and well wishes.
9. Most importantly, my God never left me alone. Bible verses I have memorized over the years would come to mind as comfort.
10. Nothing more to add...but I needed to make my list an even ten points. HA HA
So, now that I have come this far, in a way that I hadn't planned on, it is up to me to work at getting the focus back to where it needs to be. I have been reading a book called Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst. I love how she helps me see that I need to change my craving focus from food to God. I have been there, actually, and I know it works, but slowly I let life creep back in and my focus was swayed and the result was harsh. I am so ready to be back on track.
One last note on the counting even sickness joy. I was reminded recently about how at the last supper, even Jesus took what he had and gave thanks. He knew what was to come and yet not once do we see Him complaining. He took the bread and the cup and gave thanks. (Luke 22:19 - 20) How can I do less? Keep on keeping on, friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment