Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Monday, March 25, 2013

Ponderings and Wanderings

Something the Lord laid on my heart today and I have been thinking about:

The more energy I invest in my husband, my children, and my friendships, the more blessed I am.  There are times when I think "I have so much to do, how can I take time for __________(fill in the blank).  Yet when I do exactly what God has laid on my heart to do, there is an energy there that didn't exist before as well as peace in spite of the messy house, the piled laundry, and the crafts that sit there waiting for me to complete them.  When I think of all the blessings I have missed over the years because I thought my way was better than God's way, it makes me sad.  I will never get those blessings back again.  Does this mean I never say no to people?  Of course not!  But I will say this:  When we are focused on Christ every moment of every day, He makes it really evident as to what He wants us to do.  Recently I stepped down from teaching our TLC at church for the month of April even though I had done a lot to prepare for it because as I prayed about it in light of situations in our home, I didn't have a peace about it.  To go ahead and teach it any way would have been for my pride, not for God's glory.  It was quite humbling to tell my friend who takes care of contacting teachers that I didn't feel like I should be teaching it.  Thankfully she was gracious and understood...a testimony to God's working in her heart as well, to be sensitive to others. 

1 Samuel 12:24 sums it up perfectly:


"Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you."

No comments: