Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Thursday, April 26, 2012

With Stats like this....

With stats like this, who can't help but give thanks?

I do not believe I have ever posted my measurement statistics so I am posting them now in hopes that it will give some of you encouragement to continue to keep on keeping on in your weight loss journey.

I have been making better choices for 32 weeks as of April 20th.  In that time I have lost:

9.5 inches off my waist

8.75 off my hips

8.75 off my bust

3.5 off my right thigh (I assume the same off my left one as well...LOL)

2.75 off my right calf (same disclaimer above...tee hee)

1 inch off my left arm (only because it is hard for me to measure my right arm since I am right handed.)

Total inches lost from 6 areas is 34.25 inches....WOW!  That is astounding!  That is outstanding!

Total pounds lost as of April 20th was 56.5 but from the way my clothes are getting looser, I expect that number to go up with tomorrow's weigh in. :O)

I have dropped a total of 5 jeans sizes and am quickly approaching the next size down.  I would love to reach the next size down by the end of May.

Last September 9th when I started this journey, I couldn't walk even 1 block without intense pain in my low back and my heels.  This morning I walked 10 blocks round trip and could have kept walking except I needed to get home to get my husband's lunch fixed before he left for work.  I have also amazed myself by hiking at Starr's Cave Park 2.8 miles on 4 different occasions in the past 3 weeks.  

God rewards faithfulness.  There is NO doubt about it.  Change takes time and we can look at it this way.  Let's say there is a steam train from olden days heading down the tracks.  That train cannot stop immediately and go in reverse.  It has to slow to a stop and then fire up again with the gears in reverse to begin to make strides in the opposite direction.  The same is true for us as humans.  We can't just one day say "I think by the end of next month I will drop 115 pounds."  In fact, the idea of that happening is totally ridiculous.  It takes subtle changes in our eating.  It take subtle changes in our exercising.  It takes surrender to our Savior who gave all for us so that we could be more like Him.  I cannot even begin to imagine making this journey without knowing that God's grace is sufficient.  In fact, this past week I struggled one evening with wanting to go graze in the pantry.  I was not hungry.  I was just struggling with old habits and had to pray that God would provide a way of escape.  That way of escape for me was to just go to bed.  I needed sleep more than I needed to binge and then have regrets.

Remember my friends, faithful is He who calls you to do something.  Surrender it.  Give it all to Him.  Let Him change your heart and in the process the emotional and physical sides will change as well...for your good and for His glory.


Grace led my roving feet
To tread the heavenly road;
And new supplies each hour I meet,
While pressing on to God.

Grace taught my soul to pray
And made mine eyes o’erflow;
’Twas grace which kept me to this day,
And will not let me go.

(verses 4 and 5 of 7 verses of the hymn Grace 'Tis a Charming Sound by Philip Doddridge (1740) and Agustus Toplady (1776))




No comments: