Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, April 6, 2012

Changes In So many Ways

This morning as I type this post, I can't help but marvel in how far God has brought me in this journey to less pain, more grace, and less of me physically as well as spiritually.  I am learning so much about how this journey in life has so much more blessings when I get out of the way and let the Lord have His way with me.  I know I have said this many times before but I have strength I never knew I had in me to walk in obedience when it comes to food when I make conscientious choices to turn to Him instead of food to fill the boredom, the lonely times, the worrisome times, the stressful times and any other reason I would find to binge in the pantry.  Less of me and more of Him is so liberating!

Yesterday I saw my primary care doctor for the first time since beginning this journey.  For the first time in years I sat in a doctor's office excited to see his reaction to physical changes in my life.  I didn't sit there thinking in my head "I hope he doesn't bring up my weight.  I know I have a problem but I don't want to deal with it."  (Yes, it is the truth.  I didn't WANT to deal with it so therefore I ignored it and kept right on with selfish indulgences of food.)  We discussed some "head rush" feelings I was having and decided that my BP meds were working way to well with the weight loss and my dosage is cut in half starting today.  He reminded me that I not only need to lose the weight for my pain issues, but also because having a normal BP that is not drug induced is much healthier.  I will have my blood work up done in June so I am really hoping to see improvements in other areas as well.

Now for my weigh in for today.  It was a good one!  Another 2.2 pounds down for a total loss of 56.2 pounds.  Exciting times!  Even more exciting is the fact that I only have 1.3 more pounds to go until I am halfway to my long term goal of 115 pounds lost. That just sounds so wonderful! 

As I was walking my loyal companion Sandy Paws this morning, I had the hymn "Jesus Led Me All The Way" in my heart and yes, I was singing as I went along.  It is so peaceful and quiet when I walk the dog that I can't help but sing out loud.  This isn't just my journey.  It is my Savior's journey as well.  The 2nd verse of this hymn fits this journey so well.

"If God should let me there review
The winding paths of earth I knew,
It would be proven clear and true -
'Jesus led me all the way.'" 

I know that losing the weight is actually the easy part.  It will be maintaining the loss and not returning to old habits that will keep it off.  Please pray that I could find ways to exercise more that won't cause great pain in heels.  I know that I am reaching the point where exercise is a necessity.  Starting the end of May, the pool will be open here in West Burlington and we are planning on getting a family membership so we can go daily.  That will help even if I just tread water for an hour.  The buoyancy will allow for me to exercise longer without the stress to my feet.  Please pray that the Lord provides the money for this plan if it is His will for us.  

Take on the day, my friends.  Be a blessing to those around you.  Rest in His love for you.  It is best for Him to have His way with you.

Jesus Led Me All the Way
John W. Peterson, 1954

 Some day life's journey will be o'er.
And I shall reach that distant shore;
I'll sing while ent'ring heaven's door,
"Jesus led me all the way."

    Chorus
    Jesus led me all the way,
    Led me step by step each day;
    I will tell the saints and angels as I lay my burdens down,
    "Jesus led me all the way."
If God should let me there review
The winding paths of earth I knew,
It would be proven clear and true -
"Jesus led me all the way."


    Chorus
And hither to my Lord hath led,
Today He guides each step I tread;
And soon in heav'n it will be said,
"Jesus led me all the way."

    Chorus
     
     

 





No comments: