You know how God begins preparing you for something down the road and you don't realize all the preparation that was taking place at the time? Well, I have had that experience this past week. It has been a challenging week but not at all a challenge for my Heavenly Father. Due to some choices that were made by one of my children, we had to stick to a threat we had made a month ago and it is affecting more people than just her. I have been caught in the middle as people on all sides were letting their dismay be known to me. But you know what? God began preparing me for this week over a month ago when I started preparing for April's TLC Bible Study. All week I have been dwelling in the land of servant-hood from my TLC study last month. I was reminded over and over how Christ even washed the feet of the disciple that he knew would betray him hours later and his exhortation to "go thou and do likewise." It has been so real to me as I have thought about how hard that must have been for Christ to do. I have felt betrayed by people who are supposed to love unconditionally and it hurt. I am so thankful for the encouragement of Godly friends who have continually fed me with verses on grace and promised to pray for me. One friend posted the following on my FB wall because she knows I love music that makes Christ the focus and have a song for everything: "Just keep singing, just keep singing, just keep singing, singing, singing...what do we do? We sing, sing, sing!" I am also thankful for my Heavenly Father who didn't abandon me through this but walked beside me through the valley.
"But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come
forth as gold." Job 23:10 What comfort to be had in these words.
Counting it all joy! ♥
I have a feeling the scale isn't going to be my friend on Friday because when I am stressed, my body tends to hang onto everything. It is how my body copes I think...LOL I have remained faithful in eating the right way but the weather has not cooperated so the walks/hikes have not happened. We shall see. Regardless of what the scale says, I know that I have been good so it will all be good.

No comments:
Post a Comment