1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things."
In light of events of late in my life, I decided to just park and ponder here. I began praying these verses and the Lord blessed me with the following thoughts as I prayed.
I can be strong in God's grace because it is God that allows circumstances in my life.
If I rely on His grace then others can also be strong as they watch how I handle these circumstances. I need to take what I learn and share it.
Spiritual strength is so vital because we have an incredible task before us. Pressure is a part of real life. It doesn't say here that I have to like it but it does say I have to face it head on.
God will give me understanding as needed if I trust Him for strength.
Strength comes from patient doing of God's will.
Once again as I was studying this passage, God put a song in my heart to go along with it. The song is entitled May the Lord Find Us Faithful and it is by Mac Lynch.
"God has not given us the spirit of fear, But has given us the strength to obey.
With power and sound mind, with love the unfailing kind, Oh, be not ashamed of His way.
[Chorus] May the Lord find us faithful, May His Word be our banner held high.
May the Lord find us faithful, Everyday tho' we live tho' we die.
No man that seeketh after things of this life, Is a soldier, who passes the test.
Be faithful, be working, be running, be serving, Be searching His word for His best.
[Chorus] May the Lord find us faithful, May His Word be our banner held high.
May the Lord find us faithful, Everyday tho' we live tho' we die.
Living or dying may honor be Thine. From this wretched life, You loved and forgave.
A life that is on fire, be only our heart's desire, Be faithful from now to the grave.
[Chorus] May the Lord find us faithful. May His Word be our banner held high. May the Lord find us faithful every moment, Every day, every hour! Everyday tho' we live tho' we die."
4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things."
In light of events of late in my life, I decided to just park and ponder here. I began praying these verses and the Lord blessed me with the following thoughts as I prayed.
I can be strong in God's grace because it is God that allows circumstances in my life.
If I rely on His grace then others can also be strong as they watch how I handle these circumstances. I need to take what I learn and share it.
Spiritual strength is so vital because we have an incredible task before us. Pressure is a part of real life. It doesn't say here that I have to like it but it does say I have to face it head on.
God will give me understanding as needed if I trust Him for strength.
Strength comes from patient doing of God's will.
Once again as I was studying this passage, God put a song in my heart to go along with it. The song is entitled May the Lord Find Us Faithful and it is by Mac Lynch.
With power and sound mind, with love the unfailing kind, Oh, be not ashamed of His way.
[Chorus] May the Lord find us faithful, May His Word be our banner held high.
May the Lord find us faithful, Everyday tho' we live tho' we die.
No man that seeketh after things of this life, Is a soldier, who passes the test.
Be faithful, be working, be running, be serving, Be searching His word for His best.
[Chorus] May the Lord find us faithful, May His Word be our banner held high.
May the Lord find us faithful, Everyday tho' we live tho' we die.
Living or dying may honor be Thine. From this wretched life, You loved and forgave.
A life that is on fire, be only our heart's desire, Be faithful from now to the grave.
[Chorus] May the Lord find us faithful. May His Word be our banner held high. May the Lord find us faithful every moment, Every day, every hour! Everyday tho' we live tho' we die."

No comments:
Post a Comment