Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Parable of the Dog Food. :O)

Okay, I know this is the 2nd post in one day but it is sinking in that I am 1 pound away from losing 50 pounds.  That is like HUGE!  (okay, so that was an unintended pun...laugh.  I did.)  FIFTY pounds...as in a 5 and a 0.   I bought a bag of dog food today that weighed 32 pounds.  I have lost more than that bag weighs.  That bag was heavy as I put in the cart at the store.  There is no way I could carry that bag very far.   My body was carrying that and so much more that it didn't need to carry.  I still struggle with pain in my heels but nothing like was experiencing 6 months ago.  I can climb our steps up to our bedrooms and up from the basement without feeling winded.  Now to continue on...I have 2 more bags of dog food to lose!  :O)

Even more amazing is how God has worked on my heart during this time.  Yes, there have been times of discouragement.  But God has shown Himself faithful and even in discouragement, I could find the "count it all joy" lessons.  I read a quote not long ago that went like this "Being fat is hard.  Losing weight is hard.  Pick your hard."  To choose losing weight gives hope in the hardness.   I am looking forward to serving in VBS this year because I will be able to be more active.  Being fat affects your energy in a huge way.  By VBS 2013, I should be running laps, right?  TEE HEE

I know that many of you who read this blog are struggling to lose weight.  It isn't easy but it is worth it.  Worth it for you.  Worth it for your family.  Worth it for your ministry.  Leave it all on the alter and walk away.  Let God work in you and don't be afraid.

As Job said in Job 42:1-6
1Then Job answered the Lord and said:

2 “I know that you can do all things,
and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
3 ‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’
Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
4 ‘Hear, and I will speak;
I will question you, and you make it known to me.’
5 I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear,
but now my eye sees you;
6 therefore I despise myself,
and repent in dust and ashes.”



I have in no way suffered as Job did, but I think you understand where I am coming from.  Nothing is too hard for God.  If you trust Him without reservation, He can show you great and mighty things.  He can change you.  

Amazing love!  How can it be?  That thou my God shouldst die for me.

No comments: