Why was I at Kohl's the minute they opened this morning you ask. Well, you see, since I am nearing that 50 lb loss mark, I have been thinking about a special way to reward myself. I have been desiring what is called an anti-gravity chair every since I tried one 3 summers ago but they are rather pricey so I put that desire on the back burner. Well, I had made some purchases at Kohl's and had earned some Kohl's cash and my mom, who is in the thick of tax season, also had earned some Kohl's cash and wouldn't have time to shop to use it so she gave it to me. As only God could plan it, I had a 30% off coupon to use and the anti-gravity chair was on sale for $69.99 (regularly 129.99) which was less than Kohl's site even said it was. With the 30% off and the Kohl's cash, I got it for exactly nothing. And the last one in a box at the store was mine. God gave me the desire I had for the past few years as only He could do it.
So much to be thankful for. So much that many times I have to just ponder them in my heart because to explain them wouldn't do them justice. I feel at times like David in Psalm 139:6 "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it." It also makes me think of Psalm 23:5c "my cup runneth over." Those who attend TLC this Thursday night will get to hear why that verse applies here. God is so good to fill me up when I trust him. The past few years have been so hard and it was of my doing mostly. My lack of trust. My lack of rest in the One who knows my needs before I know them. I was so focused on the hurts and pains in my life (those of you who know me well, know the struggles these past few years and I have cherished your prayers in my behalf) that I couldn't see the blessings. I still face the same exact struggles but as my focus has changed on how God is using them to lead me to higher ground, it has become a joy to walk this path. I am so excited to share my heart this Thursday night at TLC. God is always good...always.
The following words are from the song "The Steps of a Good Man"
Words and Music by Mac Lynch
The Wild's Christian Camp
1- THO’ DARK BE THE NIGHT AND LONG BE THE DAY
LORD MAKE ME FOLLOW IN THY PERFECT WAY
THOUGH COMETH SORROW
THOUGH GREAT BE MY PAIN
LORD, LET MAKE SERVE THEE
COME SUNSHINE OR RAIN.
CHORUS
THE STEPS OF A GOOD MAN
ARE ORDERED BY THE LORD
AND HE DELIGHTETH IN HIS WAY.
THOUGH HE FALL HE SHALL NOT
BE UTTERLY CAST DOWN
FOR THE LORD UPHOLDETH HIM
WITH HIS HAND.
2- O THOU ART ALMIGHTY, I AM SO SMALL
LORD MAKE ME TRUST THEE WHATEVER BEFALL
THOU ARE ALL HOLY,
YOU MAKE NO MISTAKE
LORD, MAKE ME CHRISTLIKE
WHATEVER IT TAKES.
CHORUS
THE STEPS OF A GOOD MAN
ARE ORDERED BY THE LORD
AND HE DELIGHTETH IN HIS WAY.
THOUGH HE FALL HE SHALL NOT
BE UTTERLY CAST DOWN
FOR THE LORD UPHOLDETH HIM
WITH HIS HAND.

No comments:
Post a Comment