God, being a God who hears our prayers, had a plan for where I was to head next. A friend of mine who was to lead April's Bible study shared with me that she felt she couldn't do the topic justice because she has so much on her plate right now. She asked me to pray for her. So, I began praying for her. As I prayed, I really felt the Lord lead me to offer her a way out by offering to lead it for her. I asked her to pray about it though. I didn't want to rob her of the joy of doing the legwork for a Bible study. It is so rewarding, at least for me, to do the legwork. I learn so much as the teacher. More than I ever learn as a student. I didn't want to steal that from her. Now, most of you who know me, know that it takes every ounce of my being to speak in front of people. So, as I was sharing with this friend that I would be willing to lead April's Bible study for her, in the back of my mind I am thinking "WHAT ON EARTH AM I DOING?"
My friend contacted me a week later and said she would take me up on my offer. Part of me was very excited but the fearful part of me developed this sick feeling in my stomach. However, part of being a servant sometimes involves stepping out of our comfort zone and jumping in with both feet. The topic for April is "The Lord Wants Me to Love and Serve Others" which is actually something I find great joy in. This afternoon I pondered the many avenues I could take with this topic and felt somewhat overwhelmed when out of the blue (okay, so we know it was actually God laying it on my heart) the verse 1 Corinthians 4:2 came to mind. “Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” I looked it up and read it several times. I prayed "Lord, what do you want me to learn from this passage? You have laid it on my heart." I began to take the verse apart word by word. Then it hit me. When it comes to serving Christ it is so important that we are trusted. The 11 words in this verse speak the launching point for the heart of a servant. I am so excited to have another direction in which to study.
How does all this tie in with my Weight Faithful blog? Well, I need to be able to be trusted to eat the way God intended for me to eat. It is my launching off point for staying healthy and at a healthy weight once I get there. I need to be preparing my heart for the the physical changes that are happening within my body. The ONLY way I am going to be able to maintain a healthier weight is by being faithful in eating for God's glory and not for my satisfaction or emotional well being. As I was studying today, the hymn I Surrender All, (by Judson Wheeler Van DeVenter, 1896) came to mind.
All to Jesus, I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
All to Jesus, I surrender;
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
All to Jesus, I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
All to Jesus I surrender;
Now I feel the sacred flame.
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
Refrain
I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessèd Savior,
I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessèd Savior,
I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Refrain
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Refrain
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Refrain
Now I feel the sacred flame.
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!
Refrain
Remember, it is required of us that we be found faithful. Surrender it all to Him and count it all joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment