Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Actively Active

I was pondering something this morning as I was checking my fitbit app just now. One thing I have noticed is how long it takes to come back to the near first place among my list of fitbit friends even after falling behind one day...and when you need to "step back" so to speak for more than a day, it may take a couple weeks to get back up to the top 2 or 3 on my list. I have 17 active fitbit friends (and several inactive...what's up with that? HA HA Just kidding...I know fitbit isn't everyone's cup of tea once they try it) and today I am in position 8 on this list.

As I was pondering this, the following came to mind about how the same is true with our relationships with people and with Christ. If we aren't actively keeping up, reaching out, and keeping commitments, we fall behind or out of touch with our friends and/or with Christ. In fact in Scripture we are encouraged to be actively working on our relationships with others and with Christ:

Hebrews 10:24-25 " And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

John 15:5 "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."


No comments: