
I was thinking this morning on how God was a genius to make us all individuals and not all the same. The things that some mom's thrive on would drive me absolutely insane. Take for instance the following: I love organization, tidiness, and procrastination kills me so when those things are out of balance in my life, it is hard for me to function. I find myself, at times, envying other moms who aren't hung up on these things. It all boils down to the fact that we aren't all the same and God did create us different for a purpose. His purpose. Organization and tidiness doesn't make me more holy just like lack of organization and messiness make another mom less holy. Then there's the procrastination thing...I am one who works on a Sunday School lesson all week because I cannot think on the spot very well. I need my ducks in a row to be able to teach to the best of the ability God gave me. What it boils down to is our hearts. If it’s not a sin issue, I think there’s an opportunity to show grace, which is something I need to remind myself of often.
What a creative God we have to make each of us with distinct personalities. At the end of the day, what pleases God most is simply trusting Him. Simply obeying Him. God wants us to focus on pleasing Him. When we do this, showing grace becomes a natural response when others vary in the way they do things. Let's go the distance and encourage one another to please Him.
"But
as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so
we speak;
not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts."
1 Thessalonians 2:4
No comments:
Post a Comment