Your words were found, and I ate them,
and your words became to me a joy
and the delight of my heart,
for I am called by your name,
O Lord, God of hosts.
Jeremiah 15:16
First I want to share something that has been on my heart. This something involves three words: Discipline. Sacrifice. Commitment. Anything worthwhile requires those three traits. If it is something of value that you are seeking to do, you need discipline, sacrifice, and commitment. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for us and when you think about that, I guarantee it took discipline, sacrifice, and a great commitment. Could He have stopped it all? Most definitely, after all, He has the power of the universe behind Him. He chose to follow through with giving all for us because He knew it was worthwhile for us. We can never repay His sacrifice for us, but we can be more diligent in the areas of our lives that are worthwhile. This will require discipline. This will require sacrifice. This will require commitment. His grace is sufficient. He is all we need. That being said, I am working on becoming more disciplined in my daily walk...this involves food, exercise, quiet time, and other various aspects. At times it all seems overwhelming, but it is worthwhile. I am seeking to make sacrifices where needed to accomplish this because it is worthwhile. I am committed to following through, no matter how long it takes because it is worthwhile. Now for the weigh in. I lost 2 more pounds this past week...they were part of the few pounds I had gained while being sick for 3 weeks. More importantly, I lost another inch total in the areas that I measure. I know that with strength building, the scale will not always show accurately the weight loss for the obvious reason that muscle weighs more than fat. The real test is when the clothes continue to get more loose. I looked back at measurements from when I was at my highest weight a few years ago and I have lost a total of 16.25 inches since then. Progress indeed...no matter how long it is taking.

No comments:
Post a Comment