Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Eye of the Needle is Mighty Small...

Today at the gym I was working out and Matthew 19:24 popped into my mind: "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."  Now, usually when a verse pops in my head out of nowhere, it is because there is something I need to consider so I prayed "what does this have to do with me?"  As I thought about this verse, the thought came to mind that there are things in my life that hinder my walk with Christ so I started applying the verse to me.  My head conversation went something like this:

"Some days it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for Ruth to give up anger."  Yes, there are days I really struggle with anger and keeping it in subjection but just like the rich man needing to give up his riches to get into heaven, I need to surrender my anger so that I can be more effectively used of Him.

"Some days it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for Ruth to eat the way God intends for her to eat."  Again, in order to be effectively used, I need to keep my addiction to foods in subjection to Him.

"Some days it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for Ruth to show mercy to others."  Again, to love as He loves me, I need to be merciful when I am wronged or feel as though I am wronged.  It is how to show His love to others.

Always good to think on heavenly things and how verses apply to us.  Time went fast as I worked that elliptical because I was in deep thought mode. 

No comments: