Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, October 10, 2014

WEIGH DAY





Imagine my amazement when the scale showed a 1 pound loss this morning.  Why is that so amazing?  Well, I hadn't been very careful with my eating and I had only been to the gym twice over the course of the past 17 days.  I even weighed myself twice, just to make sure.  I am now down 33 pounds.  I didn't deserve this and I am grateful for mercy.  I am 7 pounds away from wearing those new tennis shoes I purchased a while back as a short term goal reward.  I should have been double that away because of the choices I had made.  Perhaps having been faithful to Christ in my eating and the gym in the past increased my metabolism enough to stay the course on the short term while I wandered?  I will not waste this grace I have been shown.  Looking forward to a week on track and weigh in next Friday! 

But unto every one of us is given grace 
according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
Ephesians 4:7




No comments: