Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Rolling Rolling Rolling....

Today is a busy day of school, gym, and appointments.  Started with my devotions before the sun came up and boy did I sure need Deuteronomy 7:9 today...God knew that though.  "Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations."

We only did the basics for school, starting at 7:00 A.M. with that.  Threw in a load of laundry and then  we were to the gym by 9:30.  I did the elliptical for 30 minutes (still listening to the Changed into His Image seminar on my iPod) and tread water for 30 minutes... because we were pressed for time, I couldn't stay any longer.  Got home, hung that load of laundry outside on the clotheslines, and now having lunch while I check email and facebook for a few minutes.  Heading to Maddie's 2nd riding lesson in about an hour and then we have another appointment at 3:30 this afternoon. 

Why am I telling you all this?  Because the old me would have used this busy day as an excuse to skip the gym and my quiet time.  I am learning that excuses don't solve anything.  Action solves things.  So...I may not have been able to spend as much time as I would have liked at the gym or on my quiet time (as God has been growing me, my heart longs for time alone with Him.  It is a thirst I have not experienced before.  Grace indeed.) but I did them and God blessed with strength and encouragement.  I am thankful that not every day is this busy...but what a privilege to be disciplined in the daily grind so that much can be accomplished in His strength when these days do happen (probably every Tuesday for a while...LOL)

**I have not had time to proofread this post... :)




No comments: