One of my favorite animated movies is Meet the Robinsons. It has a lot of fun and even a lot of truth in it, when you really pay attention to the lines being said. Take for instance a humorous scene with T-Rex chasing Lewis:
Bowler Hat Guy: Now, my slave, seize the boy!
[T-rex traps Lewis in the corner, but has trouble grabbing him]
Bowler Hat Guy: What's going on? Why aren't you seizing the boy?
T-Rex: I have a big head and little arms. I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through.
It is an extremely funny scene and yet I can relate so well to it. I mean, seriously. How many times have I set out to do something and didn't take the time to think it through, which led me to fall flat on my face (yes, I know some of you are laughing...I am the queen of face-plants). Just like with me and my decision to take it easy through the holidays when it came to my diet. I didn't really think it through and had decided to coast through instead of staying on track. Now I am paying for it. Except my challenge is not a big head and little arms. My challenge is a is a big mouth and little brain. But alas, I have come to my senses and I am back on track. I need to be completely honest with each of you. I gained 13 pounds from November 7th through December 28th. That literally scared me when I stepped on the scale on December 28th. Thankfully I have come to my senses and I am back on track. I have lost 7 of those gained pounds this past week. Giving thanks for grace undeserved. Giving thanks that it was a minor setback in the big scene of becoming a thinner person.
Again, I will draw back to the movie Meet the Robinsons with the following conversation:
Lewis: I don't even know what I'm doing.
Wilbur: Keep moving forward.
Lewis: I mean, this stuff is way too advanced for me.
Wilbur: Keep moving forward.
Lewis: And what if I can't fix this, what are we going to do?
Wilbur: Keep moving forward.
Lewis: Why do you keep saying that? And don't just say keep moving forward!
Wilbur: It's my dad's motto.
Lewis: Why would his motto be keep moving forward?
Wilbur: It's what he does.
Keep moving forward. That is what counts. I don't always know what I am doing but I know the Man who does know what I need to be doing. God knew I was going to stumble but He never let me flounder completely. He kept pricking my heart. If He hadn't, I know I would have gained twice the amount I had gained. When this journey gets too advanced for me, I can lean on the One who can help me advance, and keep moving forward. When I can't fix it, I can rest in the the One who CAN fix it. I just need to keep moving forward. That is all I can do.
Remember James 5:16 "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
Be honest with God.
Be honest with yourself.
Be honest with one another.
Pray for one another.
Keep moving forward.

No comments:
Post a Comment