Today I am feeling very overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with parenting issues, vehicle repair issues, plumbing issues, Maddie's dental issues, stomach pain issues (have an appt. for tomorrow with our doctor for that...I need meds refilled that I haven't had to have refilled in 2 years because I was using up the auto refill ones on an as needed basis), and my house is a mess so I have cleanliness issues too... I was sitting here dwelling on it all and suddenly it came to me. I heard "Ruth, have you surrendered it all yet? Sure, you can try and solve it all...but have you surrendered it yet? YoooHooooo, did you hear me? Hush now. Be still. Do you not remember I am in control of it all?" Yes, I have prayed about these things. I have even wept over some of them. I have even considered giving up homeschooling to get a job to help make finances easier but in my hard little heart, I know that isn't the answer. I know God wants us to homeschool so that isn't what needs to give. Then I was once again reminded how I had prayed for God to provide us with new roof that we needed. It took a couple years of trusting God would do it, but He did do it. He made available a grant from the city that only required us to live in this home for 5 years and our roof, along with a few other major repairs are taken care of to bring our home up to city code. When John's Jeep was on borrowed time, God knew that and provided us with a vehicle a couple years newer that we could afford. When it came time to pay for the adoption of our children, God provided to the exact dollar the money we needed for that along with paying off our home at the time through the sale of one of our apartment buildings. It is always good to go back and remember what God has done. It gives hope for what still needs to be done.
God knows about the parenting struggles.
God knows about the vehicle repair costs.
God knows about the plumbing issues.
God knows about Maddie's dental issues. (Jack has them too...and God is already taking care of them.)
God knows about the fact that I was born without a duodenum and struggle with stomach ulcers because of it. He also knows that I need to stop stressing so much so as to not compound the problem.
God knows my house is a mess and loves me anyways.
God knows John hasn't had a raise in over 4 years and yet the cost of living continues to go up. God has provided a job however, and has taken care of us better than a raise could.
Oh me of little faith.
"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Psalm 61:2
No comments:
Post a Comment