Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, November 9, 2012

I Should've Had a V-8!

Posts that admit I am human are not easy, but here goes.  Yesterday I failed.  It is the first time in 14 months that I selfishly chose myself over what Christ would have wanted me to do in regards to eating.  I know many of you moms will understand what led up to the Big Binge...you have all had hard parenting days.  I am not making excuses but I feel it is important to share this experience with you.  I have been struggling with sinus issues for over a week and yesterday the sinus headache was pretty intense and I just felt rotten.  I ended up calling the doctor and found out our thermometer must not be working any more because I had a fever when I got there, which my thermometer wasn't showing...double ear infection and sinus infection. 

Anyways...yesterday was a hard parenting day.  My oldest knew I wasn't feeling well and was trying to use it for her advantage.  She succeeded in pushing me to the edge and after I sent her to her room, I went into the pantry and started grabbing things to eat.  I didn't even stop to think about the consequences of this reaction.  I was gleaning from the "discomfort food group."  It felt good.  But only for the moment.  I call it the "discomfort food group" for two reasons.  One, it is what we eat when we aren't feeling comfortable with life, and two, if our conscience is pricked with the disobedience of what we have just done, there is discomfort of another kind. 

While I know I blew it yesterday, I know that God still loves me.  He wants to forgive me. 

Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

Psalm 103:8-12
The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Sin is pleasurable for the moment and even though God does forgive when we ask, it does has consequences.  Thankfully, in this situation, the consequence is only temporary.  Yes, the scale showed an increase of two pounds.  I am back on track today and by keeping my focus where it needs to be, those pounds will come off again and so much more. 



“He is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him.”  ~John Piper

1 comment:

J Luck said...

thank you for sharing the failures along with your success. It means a lot.