Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Saggy? WHO CARES!

Not too long ago I was asked if I thought I would have a lot of loose skin when I reach the 100 pound lost mark.  My answer was "I don't know, but I plan to find out!" 

When I lost 100 pounds 12 years ago, I didn't have a lot of loose skin but I realize that time is not kind to things like skin.  In doing research, I have found that exercise cannot rebuild elasticity in skin but muscle tone can help a little.  I look at it this way:  loose skin and more healthy is far better than tight skin and suffering the affects of obesity. 

Not much has changed over the past month.  I am remaining faithful and that is what counts.  My body was used to swimming almost daily and walking 2 miles every day all summer.  Now that I am not as active, my weight loss is bound to slow down until my body catches up.  It is all good!  Letting patience have her perfect work is worth it all!  (James 1:4)

No comments: