Weekly loss = 4.2 lbs
Total loss = 74.6 lbs
I will admit there were times I wanted to quit but when I thought about how far I had come, I knew that quitting would only frustrate me more than just being patient and waiting for my body to catch up. I had to face the reality that plateaus in weight loss are inevitable. James 1:2-17 kept me going.
I chose to count it all joy because I know that testing produces steadfastness and it will be steadfastness that will help me maintain my weight when I have completed the loser phase.
(James 1:2-4; 1:12-14)
I prayed for wisdom as to changes I needed to make because God gives wisdom to believers who ask Him for it. (James 1:5-8)
I chose to rejoice in where I had plateaued because I knew in my heart that true blessing comes from giving thanks in all things. (James 1:9-11)
I remembered that God only has my best interest at heart and He is the one who gives good gifts in due time. (Jame 1:15-17)
I am still holding out hope to lose a total of 100 pounds by December 31, 2012. It is not an impossible goal. However, I will still continue the journey even if that doesn't happen.
For my friends who are taking the leap and becoming losers, take it one day at a time. Count it all joy regardless of what the scale says because there is a much greater work going on behind the scenes that you can't see. Remember "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." (2 Corinthians 4:7) There WILL be days you feel very earthen. It is then that we realize God is desiring for us to trust and rest in Him.
The hymn writer, John Keith, sums it up nicely with his hymn "How Firm a Foundation"
How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in His excellent Word!
What more can He say than to you He hath said,
You, who unto Jesus for refuge have fled?
Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen and help thee, and cause thee to stand
Upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand.
When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of woe shall not thee overflow;
For I will be with thee, thy troubles to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.
When through fiery trials thy pathways shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply;
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine.
The soul that on Jesus has leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to its foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake

No comments:
Post a Comment