Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12
Monday, November 14, 2011
Just to share...
I return to the foot doctor this next Friday. I can tell the weighing less than I did 9 weeks ago is helping considerably. It can only get better as I continue to be a loser, right? I was thinking ahead to next year at this time and it is possible that I will be 115 pounds less than I was this past summer. Philippians 3:14 "I press on toward the goal for the prize..." I am learning so much about myself as I achieve the goal of loser. Before when I lost half of myself, I was so focused on how I looked. This time I am more focused on what God wants of me as I deny self and glean from Him and His Word instead of food. Today was a test of my commitment to losing this weight. We went to my in-laws for the day (my husband has the week off) and it is always hard to eat right when not at home. I prayed for strength to obey this morning and I was totally good! Thank you, Lord! My next test will be Thanksgiving, which is 9 days away. I can do it! I am already planning on a light breakfast and only fruit for supper. That will help a lot! That frees up the bulk of my points for turkey dinner. Small portions of my favorites and I will be satisfied. I know I can do it...God is before me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment