Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, November 11, 2011

I Stand Amazed...

...at how I continue to lose weight and have not hit a plateau as of yet.  God is good to reward a woman striving to be more disciplined in her eating.  I have lost another 2.4 lbs for a total of 24 pounds lost in 9 weeks time.  I have also dropped 2 jeans sizes and am now in jeans I wore 3 years ago.  Nothing like a comfy pair of broken in jeans. 

It is God's working in my heart that has gotten me this far.  Without Him as the focus I would lose heart and just plum give up.  Proverbs 18:13 says it well:  "Poverty and disgrace come to him who ignores instruction, but whoever heeds reproof is honored."  My heel pain had gotten to the point that I could hardly walk or stand for more than 15 minutes without being in excruciating pain.  While I know that pain will never be completely gone (except God will it), to have less burden on them is helping.  I must admit the holidays are going to be true test of how far I have come in my heart and I am already praying for strength to be obedient with all that good food laid out before me.  :O)

No comments: