Yes...You guessed it. Time to hit the DO OVER button. This time it is more out of necessity and hopefully it is enough motivation to help me stick to it. I have struggled with pain in the backs of my heels for years and finally went to a podiatrist last Thursday. After seeing the X-rays, I know now why I have so much pain. It seems years ago I abused my feet by wearing shoes that fit to tight on the backs of my heels...stupid penny loafers. Needless to say, I have had to modify my shoe selections to be primarily shoes that have approximately a 1.5 - 2" heel on them and they must be opened back like mules and clogs to relieve the stretch and stress on the achilles tendon. Here is a link if you would like to see what I am talking about. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00147
While my being overweight didn't cause the problem, it is definitely NOT helping the pain factor. My podiatrist gave me cortisone injections in each heel which were not pleasant at all but I have been totally pain free the past 4 days which has been amazing! The only permanent solution is surgery...which I really want to avoid. Each foot has to be done separately and there is a 4 - 6 month healing process for each foot and involves many casts and the use of crutches over that period of time.
All that being said, I know now I MUST lose the weight to gain back quality of life. I am tired of the pain. I MUST lose the weight because with our insurance, we have a $5,000 deductible and 35% we would still owe after the deductible is met...and yes, we pay $400 a month for that coverage through John's work. Sickening, huh? But it is better than nothing in the event of something major. :O) Anyways, from a cost perspective, I MUST lose the weight. Sooooo.....
...here we go again.
I did decide to go back to using Weight Watchers. I had lost 100 pounds 10 years ago following their plan on my own. I went to one meeting, purchased the books, and because we couldn't afford the weekly payment, I did it on my own. This time around I have chosen to use Weight Watchers online. It is much cheaper and I love being able to input everything online. I am still not able to exercise much as I am not able to wear tennis shoes right now but I am able to ride my bike. That will have to do for now. Hopefully as I lose the weight, I can go back to wearing tennis shoes just for exercising.
A good friend reminded me of this over the weekend. "Here's a worthwhile question...does He know what it is like to deny self? Well, then, dear, you have a Savior who can intercede for you." ~Diane Heeney
Verse 4 and chorus from the hymn Moment by Moment by Daniel W. Whittle (below) is also a great reminder of how much my God loves me.
"Never a weakness that He doth not feel,
Never a sickness that He cannot heal;
Moment by moment, in woe or in weal,
Jesus my Savior, abides with me still.
Chorus:
Moment by moment I’m kept in His love;
Moment by moment I’ve life from above;
Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine;
Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine."

5 comments:
I'm smiling at the little double whammy the Lord gave you in this. Not only a MUST because of the health/pain issue, but MUST because of the accompanying $ signs. He KNOWS you Ruth! He knows how conscientious you are about saving money. Just sayin'. ;) He love you too, and so do I!
You are right, Diane...God KNOWS where to hit me up side the head...tee hee
So encouraging how God continues to prod us and gives help along the way. I have no doubt that He that began a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. He's working to present you blameless at the day of Christ and He will do it!
*loves (tee hee hee)
Thanks, Bonnie! I cling to that verse often. God is so good!
Post a Comment