Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, September 30, 2011

3 Weeks and Still a Loser :O)

"Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!" Psalm 115:1

Yes, I lost another 1.4 pounds this past week for a total of 11 lost.  Denying self and keeping my focus on obedience is not always easy, but it does have its rewards.  My jeans are starting to feel really baggy which is a very good thing! 

On the downside, the cortisone injections have started wearing off so I am starting to experience pain in my Achilles tendon again. Nothing like the pain I had before at this point, but it is hard not to get discouraged. One thing is for certain though...the pain is a reminder of how I need to stick to this diet so that I can relieve the stress on my feet. I was thinking just the other day about how much 100 pounds really is and how amazing it is that I can't even begin to lift that amount and yet my body is carrying that much extra around that it shouldn't be carrying. That was very humbling. I am thankful for the times that God puts those thoughts in my mind to keep me motivated.

No comments: