Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, May 8, 2015

Weigh Day!

Yep...it is weigh day!  And also "update measurements day" because two weeks have passed since doing that.  So...here we go:

My weight went up a pound, but (there is always a "but" it seems...) when I measured myself, I saw that MUCH progress was made.  I know that one pound was pure muscle because I have lost a total of 5, as in FIVE, inches from my waist, hips, thighs, arms, and upper abdomen.  Abdomen alone was a 2.75" loss so I know the strength training along with getting rid of the bloat by taking a pro-biotic is helping immensely.  My upper abdomen is full of adhesions which causes it to bulge out so anything I lose there is a real blessing...the adhesions will always be there and in fact they will continue growing (scar tissues from a life saving surgery I had at 3 days of age).

The even greater rejoicing comes from being more active.  I reached a 12:42 average mile on the elliptical this past week.  Even the sweat pores were rejoicing as the spilled forth relief all over my shrinking self! (insert BIG grin)  Madding found it gross that I had sweat rings on the back and front of my t-shirt but I told her that was victory drippings.  "Oh mom...that is just gross."  Gross is a great sign of accomplishment in my opinion.

I want to leave you with this thought:  
"In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty." Proverbs 14:23
What are you toiling for to help you serve our Savior more?

No comments: