Another area of progress is that about 2 weeks ago I gave up my heel lifts in my tennis shoes and have only had a couple days where I had pain in my heel. It feels good to walk more flat footed. I do wear the shoes/sandals with a 1.5" heel the rest of the day because I don't want to risk going back to where I was 4 years ago with intense pain needing cortisone shots for relief. Maybe some day I can go barefoot again...that would be so wonderful! If not here, for sure in heaven some day...tee hee
Since beginning The Lord's Table: Setting Captives Free online study, I have been reminded over and over every day that I have hope in Christ to reach a healthier weight and be able to serve in the way He wants me to. He wants to be my strength. He wants to be my joy. He wants to be my comforter. He wants to be my focus. A verse that has stuck with me today from today's study (day 21) is Psalms 25:15 " Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net." The net for me is the desire to overeat to satisfy my heart issues and I am so thankful that God is bigger than that net! Look to Him alone! Only He can satisfy! The following hymn has been in my mind today because the words speak of the study I had today.
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
Helen Howarth Lemmel
1863-1961
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s a light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s a light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
Over us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conquerors we are!
He passed, and we follow Him there;
Over us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conquerors we are!
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

No comments:
Post a Comment