Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Monday, March 24, 2014

Just Keep Swimming....Literally!

Tomorrow I am doing something I never thought I would do.  I am joining the hospital fitness center...otherwise known as a gym.  I know that exercise is important to having a healthy body but with this back and hip pain, I cannot walk the 2 miles I was walking that helped me lose weight a couple years ago.  With the fitness center membership, I will be able to utilize the pool and exercise with less stress on my back and hip, which in turn will hopefully allow me to lose enough weight to be able to eventually use the equipment on "dry land" without the pain being an issue.

A while back, a friend recommended a free website called The Lord's Table - Setting Captives Free to encourage me to focus on Christ and His plan for my eating rather than food being my focus all the time.  I was hesitant to start because it does take a fairly big commitment.  The more I researched this, the more I felt the Lord leading me to at least try it.  It is not a diet plan, but rather a Bible study with accountability to help switch our focus from food to God.  Here is the link if any of you would like to check it out:  The Lord's Table - Setting Captives Free  I can't really give any opinion on it at this point because I am just starting out with it but I will post as I go along about what I learn from it, what I like about it, etc....

There is some fear in starting over again.  Thankfully my God is bigger than that fear.  One day at a time, with the right focus, I know I can do this.  Several verses come to mind as I think about how God can help me overcome the fear:

Psalm 27:1 "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear ? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and of a good courage , fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."

What it boils down to is that gluttony is sin.  Sin keeps me from being who God intends me to be.  I am the only one who can make the changes necessary to become who God intends me to be. 

As I was typing this blog post, the song All I Ever Want to Be/Lord Be Glorified.  Here is a link to the song, sung by Matt and Christy Taylor:  All I Ever Want to Be/Lord Be Glorified


The words to the song All I Ever Want to Be:

All I ever want to be is what You want of me, Lord,
I give my life to You.
And all my hopes and dreams and plans I place within Your hands, Lord,
And give my life to You.
Here am I, Lord, use me;
Take my life and mold me.
All I ever want to be is what You want of me, Lord,
I give my life to You.
And all my hopes and dreams and plans I place within Your hands, Lord,
And give my life to You.
Every day You give me grace; I find my strength in You, Lord,
I give my life to You.
And though it seems that I will fail, through You I will prevail, Lord,
I give my life to You.
Here am I, Lord, use me;
Take my life and mold me.
All I ever want to be is what You want of me, Lord,
I give my life to You.
And all my hopes and dreams and plans I place within Your hands, Lord,
And give my life to You.

No comments: