Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Today The Kids and I Are Going To Play A New Game....

....It is called, Duct, Duct, Duct, Tape!  HAHAHAHAHAHA!

This morning I have been wandering and pondering again.  Was that a "Oh no, not again!" I just heard?  :)

Today I was wandering and pondering the parenting journey.  You know how before you are a parent and you have it all planned out in your mind that:
1.  My child will never be like so and so....
2.  My child will be obedient to me...
3.  My child will sit perfectly in church...
4.  My child will (fill in the blank_____________)....

Yah...I remember those days too.  I had been a pretty good baby sitter and camp counselor so I thought for sure I knew how to raise kids and what to expect.  It was the only time I was a perfect parent.  (go ahead...smirk.  I did.)

Seriously though, we have had, and more than likely will continue to have,
our share of challenges when it comes to parenting.  Nothing I dreamed was true.  Reality sometimes bites very hard with a venom that leaves you wondering if you will survive.  And you do.  You survive.  Even though your heart is ripped open and oozing with pain and aches, you survive.  

There is hope.  There is promise.   "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."  ~2 Corinthians 12:9

Learning to count it all joy when in the midst of a battle you never dreamed you would fight makes you thankful.  This is what I was wandering and pondering about today.  Some day when my strong willed child is grown physically and hopefully Spiritually, I want to thank her for the challenges. I would not be where I am in my walk with Christ if she hadn't taken me down the road less traveled. I know that road may have miles to go, but in Christ and because of Christ, I know I can make it on the journey.  That is all that matters.  No regrets.  

Now, if I can just get my more laid back child to see his need for more discipline in daily living, I know God can use him for great things as well! 

No comments: