Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Diet is When You Have to Go Some Length...

...to change your width

This morning my jeans felt looser again.  That is a very fun feeling!  I had really hoped to be in the next size down before Spring because I have several clothing items in that size that I have stored away from 12 years ago when I lost a lot of weight.  But alas, the plateau won out and I really struggled to stay on track.  I am thankful that the weight gain was truly only minimal and now that it
is warmer out, I am much more active outside.  I have the smaller clothes hanging on hangers in the basement and last night I tried some of them on.  They are enticing me to keep on keeping on.  Sort of like bribing myself, I guess!  "If you lose 15-20 more pounds, you will be able to wear these!" is what I told myself as I was putting each item on and taking it off.   It is a way of keeping hopeful.  It reminded me that we also have hope in Christ.  By keeping our focus on Him, we have have blessed hope and a peace for this daily journey called life.  Losing more of self and gaining more of Him provides us with strength and courage travel in directions that we never thought we could travel before.  

More of Him and less of me is the way to grow in grace.  It applies to all aspects of life.

"He must increase, but I must decrease."  ~John 3:30


No comments: